Green Shoots?

Summer has turned to Fall and the grass is turning a shade browner but all I can see around me are green shoots!

Green shoots of recovery of course - let me explain.. Take the auto industry, I haven't seen so many new car commercials since I don't know when. The leasing companies are back and financing is cheap. How about the latest state of the art road train - yours for $249 a month sir - credit a bit iffy - stick another $10 per month on top! What a change from only 6 months ago when financing a new car was harder than taking out a mortgage. Speaking of mortgages, no problem! fixed rate for 20 years, that'll be 3.2% to you sir.... Wow!!

Gas prices have hit the floor and Gas was $2.89 a gallon in Lansing last Saturday - around where I live now $3.30 a gallon and falling - as opposed to $3.90 in July!

Frequenting some of the local bars as I am apt to do finds me sitting in a corner as usual but no longer on my own... The places are packed and the conversation is positive and heady... Restaurants are the same, packed out with clientele drinking something a little better from the wine list other than the usual house plonk or god forbid, beer!


What on earth is going on? Is this poverty fatigue or is uncle Sam really roaring back? We shall see, but in the meantime, I've got my eye on a shiny new truck and I'll be down at Ginger Spice tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment